The 1x1 and 2x2 Super Robin Tourney format was launched today. The complete procedures and rules are listed below.
- The tournament will consist of exactly 3 Rounds. Each Player/Team will play 3 matches regardless of wins or losses (No elimination).
- At the completion of the 3rd Round, the Player/Team with the highest number of matches won will be declared the Winner. If more than 1 Player/Team share the highest number of matches won (3 or 2 or 1) then the Tourney will be a tie and No Winner will be declared.
- As in all EliteLeague tournaments, 75% of the YEPs pot is paid back to the Players (the Winner, the Runner-up and the Semi-Finalists), with 25% going to TDs and Administration. However, the Super Robin format is “winner take all”: that is to say, the entire payout (75% of the pot) goes to winning Player. If there is a tie (as described above), the tied players/Teams will equally share the payout.
- All matches wins and losses (Including wins against Byes only in the case of 1x3 structure) will be posted as soon as reported to the Player’s match won/lost stats.
- Tourney played will count as 1 tourney and will be posted on finishing the tourney to Player's tourney stats. A sole winner in a Super Robin will be awarded 1 Victory in tourney stats. In the event of a tie, no winner will be posted to tourney stats.
Rules for 1x1 (Single Player) Tourneys:
- Tournaments will comprise 4 to 16 Players, in groups of exactly 2 Players (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16).
- BYEs will be used to complete the 2-group structure (maximum 1 BYE per Tourney)
- Each Player will have a different opponent in every Round.
- The Player having a Bye opponent will get a win count towards the calculation of the total wins for tourney victory purposes. Matches wins against a Bye opponent will not affect the Matches stats.
Rules for 2x2 (Team or Partners) Tourneys:
- Tournaments will comprise 8 to 32 Players, where every 2 Players will comprise a team.
- Teams may be created using either the System Select Method (SS) or the Player Select Method (PS).
- Total Teams will always be in even count (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16). 2 BYEs will be used to complete the missing Team.
- Each Team will have a different opponent Team in every Round.