i play in 6-7 eds bi-weekly, it is not really so hard to track people down if these methods are used:
1. put your availabilty times in the ewm up for as far as you know when you are free and online a 24 hour notice.
2. suggest the times between a 2 hour + span.
3. add the id to your messenger, if you see them accept, and log on even during the un confirmed times, feel free to ask at least once.
4. if the times they posted can not be possible for you, then negotiate in the em. the yim does not count.
5. be sure to make 3 valid attempts at least 5-3 days before eds ending, which gives rights to submit claims so the dpa and director can approve or disappove.
and qoute, out of the 6-7 different eds i play in. it is almost amazing that i actually play everyone except the one's that had issues in paticipating. which the first 5 days they could at least, if can get online, type in the em or inform the dpa that they will be on vacation, which eliminates searching.