Reply to: 33117 by skiingisdaticket
<< Prev 33182 Next >>
Reply | Post New
Since inception, Challenges were made available only to 1x1 Leagues, with the following basic rules:
- Before issuing a challenge, please agree first with your opponent on type of Challenge (YEPs or US $), Challenge Fees, Play Room, and Game Settings.
- Challenge should be for one Match, not 2 best of 3.
- All Games should be played on Rated Tables.
- If you wish to have a higher stake challenge or have the match attended by a TD, please contact any available TD to create a Mini-Tourney for you and your opponent.
Challenges were made available exceptionally to Team Leagues as follows (This message appeared on all Team Leagues Challenge page in addition to the above rules):
- Challenges are only available for Leagues with 1x1 Team structure.
- You can either play 2 Challenges in 1x1 format OR you can play Mini-Tourneys instead.
- To play Mini-Tourneys, please ask one of the available TDs to create a Mini-Tourney for you and your opponent (s).
So, playing Challenges on unrated tables was illegal, and playing ONE-1x1 Challenge by 2 players only in a Team Game/League (Euchre, Spades, Hearts, etc.) was not allowed. The system did not control this TWO-1x1 Challenges restriction in Team Leagues, and it was left to the Players.
Unfortunately this system of Two 1x1 Challenges was not followed by some Players innocently, and was abused by some Players to inflate their matches win and Rating.
We had to stop this 1x1 Challenges system possibility in Team Leagues, until we develop a 2x2 system. Anyway, the Team Leagues have always the same facility at the same cost in Mini-Tourneys.