Eliters was founded with the specific goal of establishing a league that was governed by principles of civility and good sportsmanship. We take the maintenance of these standards very seriously, as this is what sets us apart from other established leagues on the Net. Friendly people and clean fun is what Eliters is all about. There are other leagues better suited to aggressive, in-your-face play and behavior.
Our tournament Directors and other Staff are specifically instructed to take as a high priority the maintenance of discipline in our game lobbies and at our game tables. By far the majority of our players have gravitated to us because they have learned that they can rely on Eliters to keep them from being subjected to aggressive, boorish behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct.
Accordingly, the first principle of Eliters is:
Players are expected to conduct themselves in a civil manner and treat all others with respect. Failure to do so is cause for disqualification from a Tourney. Repeated unacceptable behavior is cause for removal from the League.
In a general sense, this is what we expect of all Elite Members and Staff:
- Members are expected to read and abide by Eliters policy regarding multiple IDs.
- Obscene language and aggressive trash talking are unacceptable in Eliters.
- Personal attacks, or the taunting/denigration of members, league or staff are unacceptable.
- Any harassment of or vocal, public dispute with Eliters staff is unacceptable. TD decisions are final and not open to dispute on the spot. There are channels for the advancement of complaints: any TD will tell you how to use them.
- Any abuse of Eliters Messenger is unacceptable. Eliters Messenger is for factual tournament communication only, not for chatting or arguing with the TD. If you think the TD has made an error, or are unhappy with anything else, then IM the TD, or call him to a table.
- The solicitation of YEPs or Membership from other Eliters, whether in the lobbies, game tables, or by IM/email, is expressly forbidden. This makes the Member being solicited very uncomfortable. Occasional, “joking” references will be overlooked.
- Delay or obstruction of tournament play is not acceptable: players must be on time and must contest their tourney matches expeditiously.
- Players are expected to be familiar with all Eliters tournament general rules and game-specific rules of the leagues in which they are registered, and to abide by these rules.
- Players are expected to promptly report all matches they have lost to the tourney page.
- Any form of cheating is cause for immediate banishment from Eliters. Any attempt to participate in any Tournament or Game offered on Eliters or any associated Play-Sites by means of automatic, macro, programmed, computer-assisted or similar methods, or to otherwise commit fraud with regard to the Site, will result in civil and/or criminal prosecution, termination of your account, and forfeiture of any account balances and all prizes to which you may have been otherwise entitled to.
An extensive list of categories of unacceptable behavior can be found at the List of Violations Help Topic.
A discussion of the penalties for such violations can be found at the Rules Enforcement Help Topic.