In this format, the tournament will consist of exactly 3 Rounds; Every Player/Team plays 3 Rounds (No elimination).
Pairings in all Super Robin Tournaments will be on Random basis.
Super Robin format for 1x1 team structure tourneys (1 Player against 1 Player):
- Tournaments will comprise 4 to 16 Players (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16).
- If an odd number of players are registered, the system will drop the last one to register. Accordingly, NO BYEs in SR 1x1 Tourneys.
Super Robin format for 2x2 team structure tourneys (2 Players Team against 2 Players Team):
- Tournaments will comprise 2 to 16 Teams (2 Player against 2 Players in 4P format), grouped in teams of 2 Players each (4 to 32 Players).
- The system will now allow the 2x2 SR Tourney to start with only 2 Teams (4 Players) playing each other 3 Matches.
- In SS (System Select) Tourneys, if an odd number of players are registered, the system will drop the last one to register before partners are grouped to form the Teams.
- If the Tourney total Teams are odd (3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15), the system will drop the last Team to register before pairings. Accordingly, NO BYEs in SR 2x2 Tourneys.
Please note that although you may have played 2 matches and lost 2, (thus meaning you cannot win the Tournament) the only situation where you will be allowed to concede defeat in the final game will be where the outcome of your 3rd match will not affect the outcome of the Tourney.
In 2x2 games, you will only be allowed to concede defeats if all above conditions are met and your partner agrees with the concession.
The TD will post Round Start times on EM; this will make pairings appear on the Pairings Chart, and timers will be applied from that time if necessary. It is in every ones best interest that players wait to start the next Round until TD announces on EM start of next Round. Waiting on pairings for next game avoids angry/annoyed players and timers put on which turn out to not be valid.
Super Robin format for 1x3 team structure tourneys (1 Player against 3 Players in 4P format where each Player playing individually against the 3 other Players and we have one match winner and 3 losers):
- Tournaments will comprise 8 to 32 Players, grouped in teams of 4 Players (8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32).
- If the number of Players registered doesn't achieve the next higher bracket, the system will drop the last 1 to 3 Players who registered, in order to have a perfect size tourney of 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, or 32 Players. Accordingly NO BYEs in SR 1x3 Tourneys.
- If the number of extra Players is 2 or 3, the TD may delay the tourney start for a maximum of 10 Minutes in order to complete the perfect 4 Players teams, after which s/he should start the tourney, and the extra players will be removed automatically by the system.
- Upon closing the Tourney, and if the number of Players is less than 8, the Tourney will automatically be converted to Q4 Quick for 4, and extra Players (above 4) will be withdrawn automatically by the system based on Registration Sequence.
At the completion of the 3rd Round, the Player/Team with the highest number of matches won will be declared the winner. If more than 1 Player/Team share the highest number of matches won (3 or 2), then the Tourney will be a tie and No Winner will be declared.
As in all Eliters tournaments, 75% of the YEPs pot is paid back to the Finalists (Winner, Runner-Up, and Semi-Finalists), with 25% going to TDs and Administration. However, the Super Robin format is “winner take all”: that is to say, the entire payout (75% of the pot) goes to winning Player. If there is a tie (as described above), the tied Players/Teams will each receive an equal share of the payout.
All matches wins and losses will be posted as soon as reported to the Player’s match won/lost stats. Tourney played will count as 1 tourney and will be posted on finishing the tourney to Player's tourney stats. A sole winner in a Super Robin will be awarded a 1 Victory in tourney stats. In the event of a tie, each tie-winner will get half (0.5) a Victory added to his/her tourney stats.