New GameDesire League
On December 30, 2005, Eliters introduced the newest GameDesire league -- Snooker.
Snooker, part of the Pool family of games, has already become one of the more popular GameDesire leagues, offering over 100 tourneys in its first full week.
Snooker is played by two or more players, playing either independently or as sides. The general game rules are as follows:
For more information on the new Snooker GameDesire (Snookd) league, refer to Help Topic 3369. Head over and enter the next tourney!
- Each player uses the same white cue ball and the same twenty one object balls - fifteen red balls, valued 1 each, and six color balls, valued as follows: a yellow one 2, a green one 3, a brown one 4, a blue one 5, a pink one 6 and a black one 7.
- Scoring strokes in a player's turn are performed by potting red balls and color balls alternately until all the red balls are off the bed of the table and then potting the color balls in their value ascending order.
- Points received for scoring strokes are added to the striker's score.
- Foul penalty points are added to the opponent's score.
- The frame tactic is leaving the cue ball behind the ball not on so that the next player is snookered. If a player or side is more points behind than can be scored from the balls left on the table, then while snookering the player boosts the chance of receiving points from fouls.
- The frame winner is the player or side scoring the most points. The game winner is the player or side winning the most or the required number of frames or scoring the greatest total aggregate points.
- The match winner is the player or side winning the most games or receiving the greatest total aggregate points.
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !