How Many Does it Take?
Steve (Gumshoe_steve) posed a question....
How many club members does it take to change a lightbulb?
- One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
- Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
- Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
- Another Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
- Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.
- Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".
- Another six to condemn those six as stupid.
- Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.
- Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.
- Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.
- Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
- Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
- Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.
- Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
- Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
- Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
- Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
- Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
- Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.
- One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with something unrelated and start it all over again!
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !