Protective Do’s and Don’t’s
-- submitted by prplbass53
Many of these have been said – by others I am going to try and compile in one place.
- Don’t ever give your password out to anyone period. If a family member needs an account make them a separate one.
- Don’t click on links sent by mail or messenger unless you specifically asked for them and know the person.
- Don’t send links by mail or messenger unless specifically requested to
- Don’t add every person that appears to be friendly to your messenger. Get to know them and their personality a little better
- DO keep your virus protection, anti spy software and firewalls updated and use them at least once a week or anytime you have a suspicion of malicious activity.
- DO your weekly cleaning of files, history, and cookies
- DO messenger maintenance on a routine basis deleting anyone that you no longer remember
- DO consider having a separate “Gaming” sub account , thus protecting your very personal and private main account.
- DO be careful and wary on who are you are inviting in your home when browsing. If you ever run into a site that requires your ID and Password to view further shut it down and never open it again. Example many of these sent “links” send you to a “off site” and then there is a big box sitting there asking you to type in your Yahoo ID and Password. If you see one of these immediately shut it down.
- DO keep your Eliters Password different from your Play Site Password
- DO use the lobby, Eliters Messenger while playing, and Mail to communicate and lets all slowly start weaning away from our dependency on the Messenger which has proven over and over again to be easily corrupted.
Hope this Helps Someone!
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !