Luxy is Time Challenged
x0xLuxyx0x asked players to let her know what time it was for them... well she got some great responses:
Redneck Time Zone - contributed by wonagametwice
- corter past leven is lunch time
- breffast is served at the crack of dawn (coincidentally served by dawn too)
- fixin means in a minute
- gettin ready to means fixin
- later means anytime between now and next week
- half past the hour means Andy Griffith is on
- top of the hour means wildest police videos is on
- friday night at the movies is at the top of the hour when bubba is starring on wildest police videos
- the train passes precisely at about 10:53 a.m., but only when your wife is nagging at you to get her to her hur appointment on time
- the tornado siren sounds when the dentist is ready to see you (redneck joke, gotta watch the news to understand)
- midnight is anytime between dinner and breffast and is the best time to catfish with chicken livers
- noon is sometime around 12, 1 or 2
- a.m means after midnight, p.m. means pre midnight
- when the big hand is on the 4 it means that big joe is riding the tractor
i hope this helps your time translations...but just don't forget..... give us a yell soon, does not really mean yell at us!
South African Time Zones - contributed by purcelin
Brekfis: Ouma's beskuit and tea/coffee at home
Brekfis out: Limp bacon, overcooked eggs, greasy baked beans
- Highveld noon - get the pepper spray and waltz to wimpy bar for some boerewors rolls
- Durban noon - get the pepper spray and amble over to the bazaar for some roti
- Capey noon - forget the food, get the pepper spray and check out the women
- Who cares about time - depends which innings or half it is in whatever game is going
- now now - when I good and darnwell feel like it - if ever
- jis now - sometime soon
- Night: The animals are awake and feeding - on you if need be. Time to sit around the fire and share some braaivleis and wine.
- Day: Its too hot for anything to be moving, including you - go back and have a nap
- Dawn and Sunset - everything comes alive, and tries to stay alive - you too we hope.
Belgian Time Zone - contributed by whistvl
ok you asked me to be nice so here's my answer : I am 1 hour ahead of UK, 6 hours ahead of EST and 9 hours ahead of CA. Since you asked us to give our time only I don't tell you what Robbie's time is !! :-)
Lowell Time Zones - contributed by lowellonmeds2
half past: swoosh, a feeling you have of wind flashing by your face...luxy yelling at me, i gotta run
quarter past: I need some yeps, because my yeps account is a thing of the PAST; so I'm bumming quarters in lobby
Quarter Of: I have 15 minutes to play, I'm at LIBRARY, hurry!
Quarter After: Lowell comes into room after signing up for T and is late about this time and freaks because they sat a SUB...sigh
Lil hand on the 12: time to nill
Lil hand on any other Number: Time to nill
Late at night: time Lowell usually comes and starts playing good, after all Eliters are gone to bed
A long Time: since Ive joined Eliters and had winning as a priority
A really Long Time: since I've been keeping score
A really really Long Time: since I've seen CCiameria and Sunny and Miller sigh
Ancient History: When Bear started playing Eliters
Pre Cambrian Era: Time In which Lowell invented spades, was good player and made a DN
Neolithic Era: When everyone hear was playing Hearts
Forever: The time it takes for someone besides me to make a table
Early in Morning: Pretty much the ONLY time Lowell plays really quietly
Bet she is sorry she asked.
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !