For those of us who have been around since the pre-Eliters Mesenger (EM) days, we can all remember the difficulty we had communicating when needed. If the TD had a lot of players in a tourney and a timer was required, the opponent would at some point try to get the TDs attention and request a timer - which might take some time to notice depending on whatever else the TD was doing.
There were always disputes about when a timer should have been started or did start or should have ended. Players and TDs used different messengers, so Eliters then developed EM as a single common tool for communication and record keeping. If we run into an issue - the record and times are there for later review.
The Eliters Messenger aims at providing a very powerful tool for Players/TDs communication during Eliters Tourneys.
- The Eliters Messenger is a 2-way communication tool between TDs and Tourney Players.
- Will have a specific session for each Tourney from Start to Finish.
- Will be available in Hot Tourneys, so Players will also have 2-way communication with the SFTD.
- Will be accessible to:
- Hosting TD through the Tourney Admin page
- Tourney Players through the Tourney page
- Senior TDs and Eliters Staff through the Tourney Admin page, while covering for the Tourney or monitoring Tourney advancement.
- The Eliters Messenger is not intended to replace the Play Room Lobby or other Messengers, or to be used for social chat. TDs and Players should continue to use the lobbies and messenger for spamming and socializing.
- The Eliters Messenger is a great tool to stay away from the lobbies, especially when there are other Leagues or non-Eliters harassing Eliters, or when the lobby is crowded with chat that hides the important announcements related to Tourney business.
- The use of Eliters Messenger should be restricted to purely Tourney related matters, including but not limited to:
- Requesting Timer, controlling time, and announcing Time Out.
- Calling TD to table.
- Reporting loss in Tourneys where TD is reporting (RR, 1x3)
- Communicating when the Play site is down.
- Communicating when the Player or TD is booted or timed out.
- Players in Multi-Days Tourneys (Weekly) will be able to set and arrange matches with opponents.
EM is a great tool for both players and TDs alike. It give players direct control of timers and in fact, the only time TDS are required to acknowledge timers, are when it is from start. Just remember to take timers off when players start/resume play. It is an even greater help when we encounter site issues. I can remember hosting a tournament via EM only when I was booted and no other TDs were left in the room. I was able to communicate with players via EM and vice versa and all was well.
Like any great tool - it is only as good as its users allow it to be - so USE it! With Eliters Messenger we ALL know exactly what is going on.
More Information on Eliters Messenger (EM)