2007 - A Year in Review
2007 was a very successful year for Eliters. We saw the continued growth and improvement in our league with many accomplishments in which we can all share with pride.
- Started the year with a 7th Anniversary Celebration and an all-league, month-long event (Around Eliters in Seven Years) in January.
- Introduced changes to the Marathon MDC tourney in May to make tourney seeding Random (based on Player request). In October, we opened up Marathons to all active leagues and allowed them to set a schedule of 12-24 hours of continuous coverage.
- Combined Pogo and GameDesire Olympic events in July for a test run. In October, the GameDesire Olympics was added back to the lineup as a separate event.
- General Event Stats:
- 289 Battle of the Sexes (BOS) tourneys
- 188 Decathlon Events
- 154 EDS Periods
- 7 ELIC Events
- 186 Marathon Events
- 278 Olympics Tourneys
- 188 Player Appreciation Tourneys (PAT)
- 245 Tournament of Champion (TOC) Tourneys
- 24/7 Tourney coverage in 36 Eliters Leagues.
- QWERTYP (QWERTY Pogo) league was added in October. It has grown rapidly in popularity with 15 different formats.
- Added new GameDesire Pool Rooms for Pool8d, Pool9d, and Snooker in August.
- Gin Rummy Yahoo (Giny) became the first Eliter league to reach 1,000,000 Matches hosted in September. We had a great celebration and Premium Membership prizes were awarded to Players and TDs.
Eliters Membership Changes
- Tourney Appreciation Bonuses were made a permanent Premium Membership benefit in January.
- Introduced a Free YEP Refill program for Guests and Premium members in July.
- Introduced a Summer Surprise YEPs program in August, giving away hundred of thousands of YEPs randomly to our members based on activity. We returned this program in December to help celebrate our 8th Anniversary.
- Introduced new levels of Premium Memberships in October: added 6-month Gold, 3-month Platinum, and 3-month Diamond options.
- Doubled Tourney Appreciation Bonuses in November and December as part of our 8th Anniversary Celebrations.
- Increased Subscription bonuses for Premium Members as part of the 8th Anniversary Celebrations.
- Offered 19 Raffles throughout the year, including 8 special Anniversary raffles with cash prizes.
- Reduced YEP prices in December for the 8th Anniversary Celebrations.
- Added a Gold Box and Spinners Super Jackpot in December as part of the 8th Anniversary Celebrations.
- Added new Super TD Appreciation Bonuses to reward TDs who hosted more than 5000 tourneys.
- Added a YEPs Transfer option for Premium Members in January.
- Changed the Raffle in February so that if any raffle prize was unclaimed after 3 weeks, the YEPs prize was automatically awarded. Additional changes later in the year capped the number of tickets and prizes won by members to allow more members to participate.
- Started using a faster and more efficient Email System in February.
- Introduced a contest (based on Member feedback) to redesign the Eliters Start pages in June.
- Added Vacation option for EDS players in June.
- Changed Hearty tourneys to allow a start with 6 or more players in June.
- Added a Biography Tab to the Eliters Profiles in July.
- Updated Top Achiever and Weekly Stats on Eliters Main pages to include Partners Matches and Tourney Stats in July.
- Automated the Tourney Substitution program in November.
- Enhanced the Eliters Toolbar in November to add an Oldies Radio Station.
- Updated 52 Help Topics.
- Posted more than 33,300 messages in the Eliters Clubs.
- Ran 40 Polls to ask Member feedback on issues.
Our Players and TDs also were kept busy in 2006:
- Net Registered players: 38,7035 (an increase of 5% over 2006)
- Cumulative number of Tourneys topped 889,655 (138,313 in 2007), an average number of tourneys per week at 2,659.
- Cumulative number of Matches count grew to 4,422,203 (444,702 in 2007), an average number of matches per week of 8,551.
Thank you for being part of our 2007. Let's make 2008 even better!
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !