2008 - The Year In Review
2008 was a very successful year for Eliters. We saw the continued growth and improvement in our league with many accomplishments in which we can all share with pride.
- Started the year with a 8th Anniversary Celebration and an all-league, month-long event (Around Eliters in Eight Years) in January.
- As part of our 8th Year Anniversary Celebrations in January Eliters introduced Players Badges, Staff Badges and League Badges
- Player of the month program instituted in February - both for Elite and all eligible leagues
- Introduced changes to the Marathon requirements, allowing smaller leagues to host Marathons without necessarily covering 24 hours.
- EDS program was expanded to include BGY, CribP, CribY, Dod, DoP, DoY, GinY, GinP, HoldemP, Pool9D, QwertyP
- General Event Stats:
- 281 Battle of the Sexes (BOS) tourneys (169 won by males)
- 188 Decathlon Events (3,256 Tourneys, 8,418 players)
- 149 EDS Periods (2,986 Players)
- 8 ELIC Events (656 Players)
- 205 Marathon Events (11,111 Tourneys, 11,034 Players)
- 298 Olympics Tourneys (3,996 Players
- 188 Player Appreciation Tourneys (PAT)
- 245 Tournament of Champion (TOC) Tourneys
- Eliters partnered with RummyRoyale to offer expanded Gin Rummy challenges and tournaments, including Cash prizes.
- Both Gin Rummy Yahoo (Giny) and Cribbage Yahoo (CribY) have hosted more than 100,000 tourneys, with 1,183,000+ matches hosted in GinY.
- Eliters now has a presence on both Facebook and MySpace.
Eliters Membership Changes
- Increased the YEP redemption rates for Premium Memberships in January
- Introduced a Surprise YEPs program as part of our 8th Anniversary Celebrations as well as a Summer Surprise YEP program in August, giving away hundred of thousands of YEPs randomly to our members based on activity. We returned this program in December to help celebrate our 9th Anniversary.
- Introduced new subscription plans for Premium Memberships in October: added 6-month Gold, 3-month Platinum, and 3-month Diamond options.
- Increased Subscription bonuses for Premium Members as part of the 9th Anniversary Celebrations.
- Changed the raffle to limit the number of tickets purchased by each member and to allow only one prize per winner.
- Offered 19 Raffles throughout the year, including special Anniversary raffles with additional prizes.
- Reduced YEP prices in December for the 9th Anniversary Celebrations.
- Re-introduced single player Fun Games for Premium Members.
- Badge standings updated an hour later so you can track your progress.
- Updated Top Achiever and Weekly Stats on Eliters Main pages to include Partners Matches and Tourney Stats in July.
- Automated the Tourney Substitution program in November.
- Enhanced the Eliters Toolbar in November to add an Oldies Radio Station.
- Updated 71 Help Topics.
- Posted more than 44,266 messages in the Eliters Clubs.
- Ran 85 Polls to ask Member feedback on issues (1,664 members participated).
Our Players and TDs also were kept busy in 2008:
- Net Registered players: Eliters gained 3,384 Players in 2008.
- Cumulative number of Tourneys topped 1,033,029 (145,374), an average number of tourneys per week at 2,757.
- Cumulative number of Matches count grew to 4,895,340 (473,137 in 2008), an average number of matches per week of 9089.
Thank you for being part of our 2008. Let's make 2009 even better!
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !