Scrabble word of the Day
Would you like to improve your game in Qwerty and Scrabble? The more words you know, the better you will be at playing these games.
Below are 20 words you may play in Scrabble. Test your knowledge and see how many of these words you know.
Please note that NOT all of these words are accepted in Qwerty.
- AMEBEAN: alternately responding
- BAKLAVA: a Turkish pastry -- BAKLAVAS
This is a great word for Two-Three-Four format; if your opponent plays "LAVA", you can add "BAK" to make "BAKLAVA".
- BEZIQUE: a card game -- BEZIQUES
- BINOCS: binoculars
- CHAYOTE: a tropical vine -- CHAYOTES
- DENTIL: a small rectangular block -- DENTILS/DENTILED
This is a great word for Three Tiles Exaxt format. After playing the word "DEN", add "TIL" to make "DENTIL".
- EPICEDIA: funeral songs
This is a great word for Two-Three-Four format; if your opponent plays "EPIC", you can add "EDIA" to make "EPICEDIA". Also since this word is already plural, your opponent can't add an "S" on to it.
- FIRMAN: an edict issued by a Middle Eastern sovereign -- FIRMANS
- FOLDEROL: falderal (nonsense) -- FOLDEROLS
This is a great word for Two-Three-Four format. The "OL" ending is also helpful for reaching one of the bonus squares in Scrabble or making a connection in Qwerty.
- GHARRI: gharry (a carriage used in India) -- GHARRIS
- GOOGOL: an enormous number -- GOOGOLS
This is a great word for Three Tiles Exaxt format. After playing the word "GOO", add "GOL" to make "GOOGOL".
- GROK: to understand intuitively -- GROKKED/GROKKING/GROKS
- HASTATE: triangular
- KLONG: a canal -- KLONGS
This is a great example of the "hooking" strategy. If your opponent plays the word "LONG", you can add a "K" to play two words... "KLONG" and a second word. Also, adding "WEE" before "KLONG" makes a new word... "WEEKLONG".
- LINUM: a plant of the flax family -- LINUMS
- PECORINI: a hard cheese made from sheep's milk -- PECORINO/PECORINOS
- PENSTOCK: a conduit for conveying water to a waterwheel -- PENSTOCKS
- TOXICANT: a poisonous substance -- TOXICANTS
- VINOUS: pertaining to wine -- VINOUSLY
- WEDELN: a skiing technique -- WEDELNS
Check the QwertyP Club each day for the Scrabble Word of the Day.
With thanks to DMDesidirata
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !