The Art of Making Tables
This is one area that frequently causes problems during tournament play, particularly in those leagues where there are different color seats. Some players swear by one color and remain convinced that the dealer favors that particular color.
The official Eliters ruling is:
Officially we do not care who makes tables in Eliters; our only concern is that the tournament progress without slowdowns and disputes. However, we recognize that there will be disputes from time to time, and the following rule exists to resolve them.
- Any player may make the table; higher seed has the right to select seats.
- Higher seed has the right to refuse an invite and make his/her table in a timely manner, and select the seat first (highest seed = 1)
- Higher seed refusing or not responding to invitation, or not making table in a timely manner, will be placed on timer, and forfeits their rights to make the table or select seats for that round.
- Higher seed not in lobby when table was made forfeits rights to make table and select seats.
- Tables must be made before a timer is requested. In the case that neither team makes table, TD may put both teams on timer, warn both teams/players of imminent disqualification based on the intentional delay rule.
- Between rounds, the higher seed may make a new table or continue to use a table from a previous round.
- In case of continued dispute, the TD has the authority to designate a table and assign seats
Bottom line folks - you can't play if you aren't seated at a table. It holds up a tourney for everyone if the TD has to make the table and invite players, or if everyone just hangs around waiting for better days.
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !