You know you are from a small town if...
- You can name everyone you graduated with.
- You know what 4-H is.
- You ever went to parties at a pasture, barn, or in the middle of a dirt road.
- You schedule parties around the schedule of different police officers, since you know which ones would bust you and which ones wouldn't- same goes with the game warden.
- You ever went cow tipping or snipe hunting.
- School gets canceled for state events.
- You could never buy cigarettes because all the store clerks knew how old you were (and if you were old enough, they'd tell your parents anyhow).
- It was cool to date someone from the neighboring town.
- You had senior skip day.
- The whole school went to the same party after graduation.
- You don't give directions by street names or directions by references (turn by Nelson's house, go two blocks east Anderson's, and it's four houses left of the track field).
- The Country Club golf course had only 9 holes.
- You can't help but date a friend's ex-girlfriend.
- Your car stays filthy because of the dirt roads, and you will never own a dark vehicle for this reason.
- You think kids that ride skateboards are weird.
- The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snooty", but is actually just like your town.
- Getting paid minimum wage is considered a raise
- You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980 as the "rich people."
- The people in the city dress funny, then you pick-up on the trend two years later.
- Anyone you want can be found at either the Dairy Queen or the feed store.
- You see at least one friend a week driving a tractor through town.
- Football coaches suggest that you haul hay for the summer to get stronger.
- The city council meets at the coffee shop.
- Weekend excitement involves a trip to a Wal-Mart.
- Even the ugly people enter beauty pageants.
- Your teacher calls you by your older sibling's names.
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !