Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks **see note
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
** note ** If you arrange the pineapple chunks into a ring shape, you could add a cherry in the center of it, to make it look even more fabulous!
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray or grease a nonstick muffin pan.
- Drain the pineapple chunks, reserving 1/2 cup juice for the batter, if desired. Place the pineapple on a double layer of paper towels to drain completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and melted butter. Divide evenly among the muffin pan cups (aprox 1 tablespoon of mix per muffin cup). Arrange the pineapple chunks decoratively on top of the sugar mixture. (I piled on the pineapple - probably 12 or so chunks) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. With an electric mixer, mix in the butter and pineapple juice, beating for 2 minutes to make a smooth batter. Beat in the egg.
- Spoon the batter over the fruit in the muffin pan, filling each cup three-quarters full. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes, then place a wire rack on top of the muffin pan and invert the cupcakes onto the rack so the pineapple is on top. Let cool completely.
Have you always wanted to be a reporter?|
Here’s your chance! Eliters Newsletter would love to have news, stories, funny gossip; you name it.
Got a TD you’d like to praise? Tell us!
A good sport deserves recognition? Let us know!
We’re here to publish; we just need material !