Another Reader Recipe
Found a great recipe that I made tonight and just had to share it. It's delicious and packed with fiber. It calls for mild sausage links. I found some Sweet Italian style chicken sausage with a lot less fat and it tasted awesome. Another great thing is that this is a one-pot meal, so cleanup is a snap.
Orzo with Cranberries and Sausage
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1/2 lb(s) mild sausage links
• 1 small onion chopped
• 1 1/2 cup(s) RiceSelect™ Orzo, uncooked
• 3 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
• 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried sage
1. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat to medium.
2. Add sausage and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove sausage from skillet and chop into 1/4" pieces.
4. Return sausage to skillet with onion.
5. Stir in orzo, chicken broth, orange juice, cranberries, and sage; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
6. Reduce heat and simmer (covered), until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 10 minutes. Toss and serve.