Easy Breakfast Recipe
BREAKFAST BURITTOS (submitted by fr0ggie_h0p)
You can eat these on your commute to work or school. Host with one hand, eat with the other!! Or play tourneys with one hand, and eat with the other!! They are yummy and easy. I hope you enjoy them
My son and I had for breakfast just this morning... And we can send the kids to school tomorrow with the other 4 halves!! Easy peasey!! You can make these ahead of time, wrap in wax paper and put in the refrigerator (or freezer) and then take them out when you are ready to have one, and microwave it... I would assume 1 minute 30 seconds, on high, would be long enough.
3 Flour Tortillas
5 eggs, scrambled
3 servings of ham (or meat of choice)
4 slices American cheese
- Crack eggs into a microwave safe bowl, being careful to not get shells in it too. Scramble the eggs really good, so all you see is yellow - no blobs of egg white. Chop cheese and ham slices into tiny pieces. Scramble the eggs, ham and cheese together really good. This will break up the cheese clumps and ham clumps.
- Put the bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds. Take out and scramble again, breaking up any solidified pieces of egg. Put back in the microwave and microwave for another 45 seconds.
- Repeat this process until the eggs are "just done" It took me 4 times to get them just done. You want the eggs to be a tiny bit wet.
- Take the egg mixture and divide between the 3 burittos. making sure you place the mixture in the center. It will be aproximately half a cup mixture per buritto.
- Now fold in the sides of your first tortilla. Then fold up the lower half, closest to you. Then roll, roll, roll the tortilla firmly, but not tightly. You don't want it to rip.
- Do this for the remaining 2 tortillas.
- Microwave the tortillas for 30 seconds on a microwave safe plate. Take them out, cut them in half. Either on the diagonal, or straight. Your choice.
Serving Size: Makes 6 - Half Burittos; or 3 whole burittos
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 13.0 g
Cholesterol: 224.2 mg
Sodium: 697.5 mg
Total Carbs: 14.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
Protein: 11.8 g